Hey, you!

You're not logged in yet, which means you might be snooping around!

Register or log in already!

Why are you still reading this?

StarCraft, the RTS of the gaming world.

Go down

StarCraft, the RTS of the gaming world. Empty StarCraft, the RTS of the gaming world.

Post  Trigrane on Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:24 pm

Oddly enough I have heard great controversy over the fantastic Blizzard RTS series StarCraft. Most of the controversy comes from Blizz fans in fact. However, I am a fan of all Blizz products (WoW just lost me though at Mists. Stupid f------ pandas...).

The attraction of StarCraft to me is more along the lines of single-player and story. I have been a fan of the StarCraft universe since I saw the first game played. However what I hear more about than anything is the multiplayer mechanics of the game. Now I haven't played multiplayer that much, and when I do it's always 1v1 against people that I know and that I am talking to on vent/teamspeak (don't ask me to play with you. The answer is no).

No other RTS has such a successful multiplayer streak to it. StarCraft has attracted the most active and competitive (in my opinion) RTS community that has been seen.

What do you have to say? Speak freely about your multiplayer experiences and why you think that StarCraft is worthy of it's fantastic reputation.
Trigrane
Trigrane
Paragon
Paragon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

StarCraft, the RTS of the gaming world. Empty Re: StarCraft, the RTS of the gaming world.

Post  Knickerus on Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:20 am

Ah, StarCraft.

I grew up with StarCraft, literally. The first game outside of educational games that I played was, in fact, StarCraft. My dad actually had to read out what was being said in the campaign to me.

By the time Brood War came out, I was actually as good as your older players who were brand new at the time. Quite an accomplishment for a kid who wasn't even in Elementary School yet, if you ask me.

I played online through quite a bit of my Elementary/Middle School years. To be honest, I sucked. I never really got the hang of the game, as I still hadn't even mastered racing games yet.

When SC II was announced, I had already conquered most games that had taken my interest. However, I wasn't as excited as I thought I should be. This probably was due to the fact that I hadn't played Brood War for over 2 years.

I still bought the game, and I love it.

I'm still pissed that they nerfed Zealot train time. It's harder for us Silver/Gold league guys to beat the Terran that way. Sad

Were there monkeys? Some terrifying space monkeys?
Knickerus
Knickerus
Time Lord
Time Lord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

StarCraft, the RTS of the gaming world. Empty Re: StarCraft, the RTS of the gaming world.

Post  Trigrane on Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:01 pm

Zergling rushes are still the evil of the multiplayer world for protoss players in my opinion. By the time you get ANY unit on the field besides probes, you're almost dead.

I didn't know how to read when I first saw Starcraft played, and it was my dad playing it. I was better at the game than him even though he wouldn't let me play it. I would tell him how to do something and complete the mission with the minimal amount of troops needed, and he would always win when I was the one telling him what to do.

My first time playing it, I had all three campaigns done in half a day.

Paragon
Paragon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  NilRaven on Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:30 pm

My favorite strategy, rather than zergling rush, is to use the Overlord as a retard magnet to draw out the Protoss army.

The Pope
The Pope

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Knickerus on Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:34 pm

Knickerus
Knickerus
Time Lord
Time Lord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Trigrane on Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:17 pm

I fell for that three times before I finally figured it out. Then I would send a mothership after it and the zerg would be completely screwed.

Paragon
Paragon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Knickerus on Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:18 pm

Trigrane...

Falling for a "retard magnet" is not something to share openly.

Knickerus
Knickerus
Time Lord
Time Lord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Trigrane on Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:01 am

In my defense I would only send one cheap unit after it at a time aka a stalker. When I was attacked I used blink and escaped. Out of those three times I never lost a unit.

Paragon
Paragon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Knickerus on Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:07 am

Then you missed the point of this video.

What Destiny was doing here was exploiting the auto-attack system of the Stalker's long range. He moved in his Overlord in the hopes that the other player wouldn't notice, and all of his Stalkers would be drawn out of the base.

It was a "retard magnet" because his opponent didn't have proper troop control, not because he baited his enemy.

Knickerus
Knickerus
Time Lord
Time Lord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Trigrane on Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:59 pm

2 things.

1: I didn't watch the video.
2: I have good troop control unlike other morons. That is why I never lost my units and always managed to kill the freaking overlord.

Paragon
Paragon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Knickerus on Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:48 pm

*facepalm*

David.

You have lost your sense of humor as well as your ability to read apparently.

Knickerus
Knickerus
Time Lord
Time Lord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down