Hey, you!

You're not logged in yet, which means you might be snooping around!

Register or log in already!

Why are you still reading this?

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hey, you!

You're not logged in yet, which means you might be snooping around!

Register or log in already!

Why are you still reading this?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World of Warcraft ... Enough Said

2 posters

Go down

World of Warcraft ... Enough Said Empty World of Warcraft ... Enough Said

Post  Trigrane Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:39 pm

Vanilla!
Burning Crusade!
Wrath of the Lich King!
Cataclysm!
Mists of Pandaria (my mind still can't comprehend how this one is a good idea)!

World of Warcraft, despite not being the founder of the MMORPG world, is clearly and indisputably one of the most popular MMOs in existence. Until recently they have maintained a steady and strong core group of player numbering in the millions. Why? Because WoW began by producing RTS games known as the Warcraft series. Then they hooked everyone and put them on MMOs which are more addicting than cigarettes to some people.

WoW has a strong history of quality content despite the claims of jealous dedicated fans to other MMO's. I am a fan though I have recently canceled subscription due to lack of interest in raiding and leveling a sixth character to max. However I can still answer most anything about the game from my time as a raider and core player.

What do you have to say? Is WoW overrated? Or is WoW the best thing since the computer revolution?
Trigrane
Trigrane
Paragon
Paragon

Back to top Go down

World of Warcraft ... Enough Said Empty Re: World of Warcraft ... Enough Said

Post  Knickerus Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:29 am

WoW has never been "my thing".

Sure, I played a bit, got one character to 80, and messed around with some other stuff, but I never really "played" the game. (Meaning I never experienced end-game content.)

However, I CAN say that World of Warcraft is a really fantastic game.

I LOVED Warcraft I-III. LOVED. They were more my speed than SC when I was a little kid. By the time that I picked up WoW, I was more experienced in Warcraft lore than quite a few players that had been on there for years. (Seriously. The first April Fool's joke that Blizz did for WoW was faking a release of a "prequel" to WoW. They posted screenshots of Warcraft III, saying that it would explain all the things that hadn't been answered by the time WoW came out. Many fans thought that it was legit.)

Even with my bias of loving the Warcraft universe, I can say without a doubt that WoW is a fantastic MMO.

Despite the fact that I don't have a common mindset with a majority of the WoW community, I could still enjoy myself. Leveling and questing is much more my thing than raiding and stuff. That level of strict organization inside of a game just kills me.

I can honestly say that I REALLY enjoyed leveling the characters that I did. I ended up playing every race and every class at least once. Of course, I only hit WotLK cap with one of them, but the rest got into their 70s and such.

If you haven't already played WoW, do it. Don't listen to what people that haven't played it say. It's a great game.
Knickerus
Knickerus
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down